Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by aditya darbha <ad...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/04 15:38:44 UTC

Service Specific Error 0

Hi All    When I install Apache Tomcat using net start Tomcat5  in Windows
2003 32bit it starts the service with the specified credentials.

However when I start the service using the same command net start Tomcat5 in
Windows 2008, the service gets created, but it is not started even though
the start mode is set to "auto". When we try starting the service manually,
it fails to start and exits displaying the error message" Service Specific
Error 0". NET HELPMSG 3547 for details. When I try the help message, there
is no information and the logs are empty.

How do I get out of this problem...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance...

-Aditya

RE: Service Specific Error 0

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: aditya darbha [mailto:adityadarbha@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Service Specific Error 0
>
> However for a 64 bit wrapper of Tomcat, an error pops up
> saying Loading Error
> "Cannot Find the File specified [prunsrv.c]"

You must use the 64-bit wrapper with a 64-bit JVM, and the 32-bit wrapper with a 32-bit JVM.  Any mismatch will result in the above error.

When posting log messages, post more than a single line; the file name of interest is in the *next* line.

 - Chuck

Re: Service Specific Error 0

Posted by aditya darbha <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi    I am using Tomcat version 5.5. We are using a 32 bit version. However
for a 64 bit wrapper of Tomcat, an error pops up saying Loading Error
"Cannot Find the File specified [prunsrv.c]"

Thanks and Regards
Aditya

RE: Service Specific Error 0

Posted by Peter Crowther <Pe...@melandra.com>.