Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mike Cherichetti (Renegade Internet)" <mi...@renegadeinternet.com> on 2003/08/07 20:09:22 UTC

Tuning KeepAlive Connections?

RedHat Linux 7.3
IBM JDK 1.4.1
Tomcat 4.1.24

Is it possible to disable KeepAlive connections with the Coyote HTTP/1.1
connector?  If it's not possible to turn them off, is it possible to lower
the request limit and timeout period for them?

Have a nice day ...

Sincerely,

Mike Cherichetti
Renegade Internet
www.renegadeinternet.com
Phone (724) 658-6346
Fax (724) 658-6346

Re: Tuning KeepAlive Connections?

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Mike Cherichetti (Renegade Internet)" <mi...@renegadeinternet.com> wrote in
message news:LHECJNCFJEFCAALIPHLMKEKCCMAA.mike@renegadeinternet.com...
> Hi Bill,
>
> Thanks for the info!  Looks like that helped, but I can't tell for sure
> because the server isn't loaded too much right now.  Will have to wait
until
> morning to find out.  Did I miss something or is that not in the docs?
> Might be good to add this to the docs :)

I believe that it is in the TC 5 docs (without looking).  And yes, it would
be a good idea to add it to the TC 4 docs ;-).

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

Posted by "Mike Cherichetti (Renegade Internet)" <mi...@renegadeinternet.com>.
That didn't work.  Got the following in logs/catalina.out when I tried that:

Aug 7, 2003 11:40:45 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor process
WARNING: Error parsing HTTP request
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: timeout can't be negative
        at java.net.Socket.setSoTimeout(Socket.java:920)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:572)
        at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
        at
a:619)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:568)

Have a nice day ...

Sincerely,

Mike Cherichetti
Renegade Internet
Internet Advertising Delivery Solutions
www.renegadeinternet.com
Phone (724) 658-6346
Fax (724) 658-6346

To disable connection timeouts, set connectionTimeout value to -1

Posted by "Venkata Srinivasa Rao, Yerra" <sr...@gipex.com>.

Posted by "Venkata Srinivasa Rao, Yerra" <sr...@gipex.com>.