Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Kevin Q Brown <kq...@whscad1.wh.lucent.com> on 1997/11/01 02:14:09 UTC

Re: config/1344: srm.conf line "UserDir disabled root" interpreted as "UserDir root"

> As the current docs clearly indicate, this feature
> is only available in 1.3.  Exactly where does this
> suggestion appear in the 1.2 docs?

It now looks like I made a mistake approximately Aug. 5, 1997
while reading one of the apache.org web pages such as:
  http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_userdir.html
or:
  http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/security_tips.html
Since those pages have not changed since Sun, 06 Jul 1997
I must have not noticed on Aug. 5 that the srm.conf line:
    UserDir disabled root
was recommended only for versions 1.3 or above.

Thus, my only possible remaining suggestion is that in addition
to strongly advising use of that line in 1.3 or above, you also
strongly advise _not_ using it before 1.3. :-)

Sorry for the bother.  You can close this PR.  Thanks.

Kevin Q. Brown                              Bell Labs Design Automation
Email: kqbrown@lucent.com   Voice: (973) 386-7344   Fax: (973) 386-6503