Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Olivier Grisel <og...@apache.org> on 2010/12/10 12:33:40 UTC

git mirrored repo for stanbol

For those of you who prefer to work (potentially offline) with git
there is now an official mirror of stanbol here:

git://git.apache.org/stanbol.git

This is a readonly mirror: you can use a git branch for your long
running branches and then use git to generate a patch to be attached
to a jira issue and then applied and checked in on the svn trunk.

--
Olivier

Re: git mirrored repo for stanbol

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Olivier Grisel <og...@apache.org> wrote:
> For those of you who prefer to work (potentially offline) with git
> there is now an official mirror of stanbol here:
>
> git://git.apache.org/stanbol.git

Thanks Olivier for getting this going, there's more info linked from
http://git.apache.org/ for people who want to use that.

-Bertrand

Re: git mirrored repo for stanbol

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org> wrote:
> > Mmm. Not so cool after all :(
> I think there is an ASF working group to get git repos as first class
> citizens in the future.

The link to related discussions:

<http://markmail.org/thread/qdyvju55bigvvpvg#query:+page:1+mid:7ztq2pwm6456zqmy+state:results>

If you would like to see full support for git at Apache, please do feel
invited to join the infrastructure-dev mailing list and help with their
efforts: http://apache.org/dev/infra-volunteer.html

Isabel

Re: git mirrored repo for stanbol

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.
2010/12/10 Stefane Fermigier <sf...@nuxeo.com>:

> On Dec 10, 2010, at 12:33 PM, Olivier Grisel wrote:
>
>> For those of you who prefer to work (potentially offline) with git
>> there is now an official mirror of stanbol here:
>>
>> git://git.apache.org/stanbol.git
>
> Cool :)
>
>> This is a readonly mirror: you can use a git branch for your long
>> running branches and then use git to generate a patch to be attached
>> to a jira issue and then applied and checked in on the svn trunk.
>
> Mmm. Not so cool after all :(

I think there is an ASF working group to get git repos as first class
citizens in the future. Still git is already great to maintain long
running refactoring branches with easy merging and offline work with
access to history / diff / blame and so on.

Posted by Stefane Fermigier <sf...@nuxeo.com>.
On Dec 10, 2010, at 12:33 PM, Olivier Grisel wrote:

> For those of you who prefer to work (potentially offline) with git
> there is now an official mirror of stanbol here:
>
> git://git.apache.org/stanbol.git

Cool :)

> This is a readonly mirror: you can use a git branch for your long
> running branches and then use git to generate a patch to be attached
> to a jira issue and then applied and checked in on the svn trunk.

Mmm. Not so cool after all :(

  S.

http://www.nuxeo.com/ - +33 1 40 33 79 87 - http://twitter.com/sfermigier
Join the Nuxeo Group on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/groups?gid=43314
New Nuxeo release: http://nuxeo.com/dm54
"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."