Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2000/11/23 04:07:20 UTC

jakarta/xml.apache.org CVS fubar?

Hi,

Would some one be able to tell me if CVS is fubar at the moment. I changed
my setup recently and keep getting the message

can't create temporary directory
Permission denied

on any CVS operation. The /tmp directory is not world writable which may be
the reason but before I bug the admins can someone else cponfirm this ?

Cheers,

Pete

Re: jakarta/xml.apache.org CVS fubar?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> wrote:

> Would some one be able to tell me if CVS is fubar at the moment. I
> changed my setup recently and keep getting the message

Brian has been installing FreeBSD 4.2 on locus and changed the mount
point for /tmp. Unfortunately something went wrong and /tmp was not
writable for users - CVS needs to write some stuff there. Should be
fixed now.

Stefan

RE: jakarta/xml.apache.org CVS fubar?

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>.
I had this the other day, but it cleared after a time. I didn't do anything.
So I guess it is not due to your setup.

--
Conor MacNeill
conor@cortexebusiness.com.au