Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Ben Kim <be...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/24 02:21:26 UTC

mod_perl / embperl upgrade

 Hi,

I'm using embperl 2.0rc1 with apache 2.0.47 / mod_perl 1.999016 on solaris 8.

I'm trying to upgrade mod_perl to 2.0.2, but find that there's been a
major API change. (http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html)

I guess then I should upgrade embperl as well if I want to upgrade
mod_perl. I don't know the inner working of mod_perl enough...

Is there a way to separately upgrade embperl first to 2.0rc3 orlater, and
upgrade mod_perl? I can't afford to have a long downtime and if possible
want to do it piece by piece. Please advise.

Thanks.
Ben

RE: mod_perl / embperl upgrade

Posted by Ben Kim <bk...@coe.tamu.edu>.
>> Is there a way to separately upgrade embperl first to 2.0rc3
>> orlater, and upgrade mod_perl?
>You should first upgrade Embperl to 2.1.0. This will work with the old and
>the new mod_perl nameing scheme. Afterwards you can upgrade mod_perl.

Thanks much and happy thanksgiving.

Ben Kim
Developer
http://benix.tamu.edu

RE: mod_perl / embperl upgrade

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> Is there a way to separately upgrade embperl first to 2.0rc3
> orlater, and upgrade mod_perl? I can't afford to have a long
> downtime and if possible want to do it piece by piece. Please advise.

You should first upgrade Embperl to 2.1.0. This will work with the old and
the new mod_perl nameing scheme. Afterwards you can upgrade mod_perl.

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **