Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Matthew T. Atkinson" <ma...@agrip.org.uk> on 2004/03/14 01:55:15 UTC

[mp2] Makefile.PL does not detect correct MPM

'ellow,

I have been trying to compile mod_perl1.99_13 but have found what I
believe to be a bug in the Makefile.PL.

I am using Debian woody with the Apache2 from backports.org.  I am using
the prefork (Apache1-style) MPM because I read in the mod_perl2
documentation that if you have Perl 5.6.1 this is the only MPM that can
be used.

I tried to compile mod_perl2 but despite my having removed the worker
MPM package and installed the prefork one in its place, it still thinks
I am using worker and therefore refuses to compile.  To me this looks
like a bug in the Makefile.PL. Here is the output I get:

oblique:/usr/src/mod_perl2/mod_perl-1.99_13# perl Makefile.PL
MP_APXS=/usr/bin/apxs2
Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
   MP_APXS = /usr/bin/apxs2
Configuring Apache/2.0.48 mod_perl/1.99_13 Perl/v5.6.1
[  error] Using Perl 5.6.1 w/o ithreads and 'worker' mpm httpd.
[  error] Failed requirements:
[  error]   - Perl 5.8 or higher
  - Perl built with ithreads (build perl with -Dusethreads)

But this dpkg listing shows clearly that I have the prefork MPM package
installed:

un  apache2          <none>           (no description available)
ii  apache2-common   2.0.48-6.backpor Next generation, scalable,
extendable web server
un  apache2-dev      <none>           (no description available)
un  apache2-doc      <none>           (no description available)
un  apache2-modules  <none>           (no description available)
un  apache2-mpm-perc <none>           (no description available)
ii  apache2-mpm-pref 2.0.48-6.backpor Traditional model for Apache2
un  apache2-mpm-thre <none>           (no description available)
pn  apache2-mpm-work <none>           (no description available)
ii  apache2-prefork- 2.0.48-6.backpor Development headers for apache2
pn  apache2-threaded <none>           (no description available)

(I have no apache[1] packages installed.)

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated -- I am at a loss as to what
I am doing wrong here...

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <ma...@agrip.org.uk>

Re: [mp2] Makefile.PL does not detect correct MPM

Posted by "Matthew T. Atkinson" <ma...@agrip.org.uk>.
'ellow,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I think that it might be something wrong with
the packages I am using...

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 20:33, Stas Bekman wrote:
> please show us the output of:
>
> /usr/bin/apxs2 -q MPM_NAME

It returns ``worker''.  But I definitely have the prefork and prefork
development packages installed (not the worker ones).  Does this mean it
is a packaging bug?

bye just now,

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Matthew T. Atkinson wrote:
> 'ellow,
>
> I have been trying to compile mod_perl1.99_13 but have found what I
> believe to be a bug in the Makefile.PL.
>
> I am using Debian woody with the Apache2 from backports.org.  I am using
> the prefork (Apache1-style) MPM because I read in the mod_perl2
> documentation that if you have Perl 5.6.1 this is the only MPM that can
> be used.
>
> I tried to compile mod_perl2 but despite my having removed the worker
> MPM package and installed the prefork one in its place, it still thinks
> I am using worker and therefore refuses to compile.  To me this looks
> like a bug in the Makefile.PL. Here is the output I get:
>
> oblique:/usr/src/mod_perl2/mod_perl-1.99_13# perl Makefile.PL
> MP_APXS=/usr/bin/apxs2
> Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
>    MP_APXS = /usr/bin/apxs2

please show us the output of: