Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vova Shelgunov <vv...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/28 23:04:14 UTC

offsets commitment from the another client

Hi,

I have a number of the application's instances which consume from a single
Kafka topic using the same consumer group. Upon receiving of the message I
need to run its processing in a separate process (in my case it is a Docker
container). My issue is that I want to commit offset to Kafka only once
message is processed in a container. And question is: can I commit offsets
which are passed to a container from the container itself and e.g. if
offset is not committed within 30 seconds it should be reprocessed
(consumed) once again?

Regards,
Uladzimir