Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Tod B. Schmidt" <ts...@TNC.ORG> on 2005/06/29 18:08:38 UTC

[users@httpd] SSI and Directory Based Urls

I am trying to use an SSI based redirect script (legacy website) and moving from apache1.3 to apache2.0 the web server now gives a 404 when trying to access the shtml file.

Here is an example of the url that is not parsed correctly

/ligasExternas/redir_http.shtml/www.somedomain.com

Apache2 seems to read the redir_http.shtml as a directory and not an shtml file as apache1.3 does. There are no odd Location or Files directives in the apache1.3 config file it just seems to work.

Any help out there?

Tod Schmidt
System Administrator
The Nature Conservancy
tschmidt@tnc.org
(703) 841-2028 (Phone)
(703) 276-0713 (Fax)

Re: [users@httpd] SSI and Directory Based Urls

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 6/29/05, Tod B. Schmidt <ts...@tnc.org> wrote:

> I am trying to use an SSI based redirect script (legacy website) and moving from apache1.3 to apache2.0 the web server now gives a 404 when trying to access the shtml file.
>
> Here is an example of the url that is not parsed correctly
>
> /ligasExternas/redir_http.shtml/www.somedomain.com
>
> Apache2 seems to read the redir_http.shtml as a directory and not an shtml file as apache1.3 does. There are no odd Location or Files directives in the apache1.3 config file it just seems to work.
>
> Any help out there?

As mentioned here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/upgrading.html#run-time
you need to set AcceptPathInfo: