Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Suresh <su...@iconnectsolutions.com> on 2014/11/03 06:45:05 UTC

Evaluating Authentication Servers that best work with Syncope.

Hi,
We are evaluating Authentication Servers to be integrated with Apache
Syncope.
Your team must have tried and implemented various Auth Servers to work with
Syncope.
>From your evaluation, what do you suggest the best openSource
Authenticaiton Server that works without any issue and easy to implement
with Syncope.

OpenSSO/OpenAM
CAS
Shibboleth
are our top choices with no particular order.

Regards,
Suresh

This mail has been scanned for viruses and spam.

Re: Evaluating Authentication Servers that best work with Syncope.

Posted by Massimiliano Perrone <ma...@tirasa.net>.
Il 03/11/2014 06:45, Suresh ha scritto:
> Hi,
> We are evaluating Authentication Servers to be integrated with Apache
> Syncope.
> Your team must have tried and implemented various Auth Servers to work
> with Syncope.
> From your evaluation, what do you suggest the best openSource
> Authenticaiton Server that works without any issue and easy to
> implement with Syncope.
>
> OpenSSO/OpenAM
> CAS

Hi  Suresh,
maybe this post [1] could explain what's approach in our company.
Though OpenAM isn't "very" Open Source project, I have a lot of
experience with it and it's a good option. But if you are looking for a
complete Open Source AM to be integrated with Apache Syncope I suggest
you to use Jasig CAS.

This is, of course, my personal opinion.

[1] http://blog.tirasa.net/the-open-source-identity-stack.html
> Shibboleth
> are our top choices with no particular order.
>
> Regards,
> Suresh

> This mail has been scanned for viruses and spam.

Massimiliano Perrone
Tel +39 393 9121310

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

"L'apprendere molte cose non insegna l'intelligenza"
(Eraclito)

Re: Evaluating Authentication Servers that best work with Syncope.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 04/11/2014 06:12, Suresh wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply.
> We will do a POC and evaluate CAS

Good to know: please keep us updated of the outcomes of such PoC.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Evaluating Authentication Servers that best work with Syncope.

Posted by Suresh <su...@iconnectsolutions.com>.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 1:58 AM, Guido Wimmel <gu...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 03.11.2014 16:02, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>
>> On 03/11/2014 06:45, Suresh wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> We are evaluating Authentication Servers to be integrated with Apache
>>> Syncope.
>>> Your team must have tried and implemented various Auth Servers to work
>>> with Syncope.
>>> From your evaluation, what do you suggest the best openSource
>>> Authenticaiton Server that works without any issue and easy to implement
>>> with Syncope.
>>>
>>> OpenSSO/OpenAM
>>> CAS

Posted by Guido Wimmel <gu...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 03/11/2014 06:45, Suresh wrote:
> Hi,
> We are evaluating Authentication Servers to be integrated with Apache
> Syncope.
> Your team must have tried and implemented various Auth Servers to work
> with Syncope.
> From your evaluation, what do you suggest the best openSource
> Authenticaiton Server that works without any issue and easy to
> implement with Syncope.
>
> OpenSSO/OpenAM
> CAS
> Shibboleth
> are our top choices with no particular order.

Hi Suresh,
as company we had very pleasant experience with CAS: it's *actually*
open source, highly customizable and provides several important features
that are needed for access services.
FYI, CAS is also our company reference product for access and
authentication.

AFAIK, there are other successful deployment made with CAS + Syncope
(Guido, can you add something?).

I had no direct experience with Shibboleth; on the opposite, I've been
working with OpenSSO / OpenAM since the time it was Sun Access Manager:
feature-complete product with long history, possibly somewhat
"overloaded" and a bit outdated.
Unfortunately its license makes it out of scope for pure Open Source
deployments.

Just my 2c.

Regards.