Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Diego Susa <ds...@cestel.es> on 2006/02/09 11:05:22 UTC

Compiler/Platform support

[I'm re-posting this cause it was delivered to a different thread in the list than it was intended.]

Hi:

I've tried log4cxx a year or so ago, because I wanted to use it in my project.
By that time I couldn't fill my needs of compiler support, even using the CVS HEAD. Now I'm going to give it another try in order to see if it fits.
I'm very excited about using it in my project because I'm actually using a propietary log system; but I definitely believe that a library like is the way to go on common topics like logging.

What I need is to compile log4cxx:

On...         With...
Windows  ->   Borland Compiler (bcc32 v 5.6.4)
Windows  ->   MinGW (g++ v 3.2.3)
Linux    ->   GNU (g++ v 3.2.3)

Does anyone know if this combinations are supported nowadays ?
Any comment or suggestion would be of much help.

Thanks in advance.

Diego Susa
www.cestel.es