Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Franz Amador <fg...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/24 23:35:45 UTC

T5: Eclipse unhappy with TML file that has DOCTYPE

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to configure Eclipse so it doesn't complain about the "t:" items in a .tml file that has a DOCTYPE.  For example, this file (Start.tml):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

  <head>
    <title>${message:page-title}</title>
  </head>
    <h1>${message:page-title}</h1>
    <a t:type="actionlink" t:id="logout">Logout</a>

If I remove the DOCTYPE block, Eclipse is happy (properly speaking, Eclipse's XML editor), but when I add it, I get complaints about all the "t:" entries.  The "xmlns:t" attribute, for example, gets this complaint:

    Attribute "xmlns:t" must be declared for element type "html".

Do other people see this?  Is there actually something wrong with the file, or do I have Eclipse misconfigured?  Thanks!

Re: T5: Eclipse unhappy with TML file that has DOCTYPE

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
I believe you just need to add the namespace to an outer element...
for instance in a page you might have

Josh

On Jan 24, 2008 2:35 PM, Franz Amador <fg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm hoping someone can tell me how to configure Eclipse so it doesn't
> complain about the "t:" items in a .tml file that has a DOCTYPE.  For
> example, this file (Start.tml):

>   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
>

>  <head>
>    <title>${message:page-title}</title>
>  </head>
>    <h1>${message:page-title}</h1>
>    <a t:type="actionlink" t:id="logout">Logout</a>
>
> If I remove the DOCTYPE block, Eclipse is happy (properly speaking,
> Eclipse's XML editor), but when I add it, I get complaints about all the
> "t:" entries.  The "xmlns:t" attribute, for example, gets this complaint:
>
>    Attribute "xmlns:t" must be declared for element type "html".
>
> Do other people see this?  Is there actually something wrong with the
> file, or do I have Eclipse misconfigured?  Thanks!

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.