Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eduard Karel de Jong <ed...@dejongfrz.nl> on 2020/10/29 14:41:57 UTC

maven version issue

Hello,

I'm trying to build an open source project from the web using NB, and it
fails at some with the message:
> Detected Maven Version: 3.3.9 is not in the allowed range 3.5.0.
This error arises when resolving "Project Problems" (in the dialog for
that purpose)

I do have Maven version 3.6.3 installed on my Mac, and after trying
other ways to address this, I have patched the NB startup script to
include that executable on the *nix PATH before NB proper is executed.

Running maven in the terminal works fine, that is, until it hits
something different.

I hope you can provide me with some hints on how to address this issue.
e.g. Is there a better way to get NB to use the right mvn executable?

Cheers
Eduard

Re: maven version issue

Posted by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se>.
You can change that setting in Options/Java/Maven / Execution / Maven home.

Re: maven version issue

Posted by Christian Oyarzun <co...@oyarzun.net>.
Prior to NetBeans 12.0 the embedded version was 3.3.9, which was the
version that was detected. Given he did not mention what version of
NetBeans he is using,
it is reasonable to assume he is on an earlier version. If he updates to
the latest version of NetBeans, it will work out of the box. If not, he
should follow Patrik's advice and set
NetBeans to use the external Maven 3.6.3 he has installed somewhere on his
Mac.

--Christian

Re: maven version issue

Posted by Benjamin Asbach <be...@impl.it>.

Re: maven version issue

Posted by Christian Oyarzun <co...@oyarzun.net>.
Hi Eduard,

The embedded version of Maven was updated to 3.6.3, starting with NetBeans
12.0.

--Christian