Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk> on 2008/09/18 11:46:09 UTC

[Off-Topic] - Using gmail for forums

Hi

As you might have noticed I am using my employers mail account (exchange and outlook) for all my camel activities as well.

I am wondering switching to gmail, but I would like some pointers from existing users? How do you manage your gmail account with both regular mails and forum mails?

Can you setup some agents or some sort to sort the mails for you so your mailbox isn't cluttered?

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

Re: [Off-Topic] - Using gmail for forums

Posted by Vadim Chekan <vc...@cox.net>.
Yup. Just subscribe and when first mail strike, select action "Filter
messages like that", tune your filter, and set 2 options on it.
"Archive" means do not put message into inbox. And another action is to
apply label, which creates virtual folder for this mail.

Vadim.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: [Off-Topic] - Using gmail for forums

Posted by Jon <jo...@gmail.com>.
One other *very* important link for setting up Sylpheed to use gmail accounts...even though the info is for Thunderbird, the info is useful for Sylpheed:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77662&topic=12814

Posted by Jon <jo...@gmail.com>.