Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "M.D. DeWar" <ma...@s-wit.net> on 2003/10/20 23:18:18 UTC

[users@httpd] rotatelogs doesn't work

Hello,
I think I did as the rotatelogs said to do
but I get this
nable to start piped log program '../bin/rotatelogs /var/log 5M': No such file
or directory
Unable to open logs

I put this in the httpd.conf
TransferLog "| ../bin/rotatelogs /var/log 5M'

I got that when I ran rotatelogs from the command line
Add this:

TransferLog "|../bin/rotatelogs /some/where 86400"

or

TransferLog "|../bin/rotatelogs /some/where 5M"

to httpd.conf. The generated name will be /some/where.nnnn where nnnn is the
system time at which the log nominally starts (N.B. if using a rotation time,
the time will always be a multiple of the rotation time, so you can synchronize
cron scripts with it). At the end of each rotation time or when the file size
is reached a new log is started.

Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs doesn't work

Posted by Ace Suares <ac...@suares.nl>.

try giving the full path to rotatelogs

do a

which rotatelogs

it might tell you where it lives. Then use something like
/var/lib/httpd2/bin/rotatelogs (full path).

_Ace

--
Ace Suares' Internet Consultancy
NIEUW ADRES: Postbus 2599, 4800 CN Breda