Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by kr...@mmm.com on 2003/05/05 17:15:30 UTC

RE: Is there a concept of reusing a Transformer instance?

Thanks for your response, Tim.

The wrapper was intended to encapsulate the transform object rather than
the template. I implemented a cache of templates, that will construct and
return and instance of the wrapper with an instance of the transform class,
so essentially the wrapper (StylesheetRoot) can perfrom the transform.

I was thinking of incorperating a clone or copy constructor; but then had
this problem with shared transformer references. Rather than doing that; it
looks like the way to go is to have the StylesheetRoot class wrap a
template rather than a transform, than have the copy and process functions
perform the newTemplates() function.

Thanks

Keith....