Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Albert Vila <av...@imente.com> on 2004/04/24 12:48:07 UTC

Problems doing incremental updates

Hi all,

    I have problems in my applications. Each day, I'm mergin to indexes,
the day one, and the per year one. The year index could be very big (te
order of 10M documents).

    It seems that sometimes, the merging process does not work property.
My index looks good (the correct number of files), bug when I try to
search it my applications crashes. I can open it and only do single term
searches.
    Is it possible to crash and index if I'am doing a lot of incremental
updates? My indexer runs with lucene-1.3-final.jar

    Has anyone had the same problem?

    Another question, my indexer sometimes finish without finishing the
indexing process without throwing any exceptions. Just stops the process
and thats it. It is very extrange.

    I would appreciate if someone could help me.

    Thanks , Albert.

--
Albert Vila Puig
http://www.imente.com