Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Russ Bonsall <rb...@kryteriononline.com> on 2006/09/29 23:59:42 UTC

What happened to MailSessionFactory?

We just moved from Tomcat 5.5.17 to 5.5.20.  Our application uses the
JavaMail Session as a resource configured in the server.xml.  When
sending an email in our application I was getting the following

exception:

=20 javax.naming.NamingException: Could not create resource factory
instance [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

org.apache.naming.factory.MailSessionFactory] at

org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFact
ory.java:131) at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(Unknown Source)

I looked in the naming-factory.jar and could not find the
MailSessionFactory class.  It existed in 5.5.17 and 5.5.20-alpha, but
for some reason it is no longer there.  I dropped in the
naming-factory.jar file from the 5.5.17 version and it worked.

Obviously I can't trust that this won't cause other issues so in the
meantime we will revert back to 5.5.17.  Any idea why this class is
missing or if there is some replacement?

Thanks

Re: What happened to MailSessionFactory?

Posted by Andreas Schildbach <an...@schildbach.de>.
Russ Bonsall wrote:

> We just moved from Tomcat 5.5.17 to 5.5.20.  Our application uses the
> JavaMail Session as a resource configured in the server.xml.  When
> sending an email in our application I was getting the following
> exception:
 >
> =20 javax.naming.NamingException: Could not create resource factory
> instance [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

I've got the same problem. Is there any solution?

Regards,

Andreas