Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aryeh Katz <ar...@secured-services.com> on 2003/08/28 23:33:12 UTC

updated debugging doc

I was looking at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/developer/debugging.html
and it seems to be incorrect.
I can't seem to find any of the #defines mentioned here, only
APR_POOL_DEBUG.
Is there any updated debugging doc?

---
Aryeh Katz
Secured-Services Inc.

Re: updated debugging doc

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Aryeh Katz wrote:

> > srclib/apr/configure --help | grep pool
> >
> > more doc is needed, of course :(
> >
> I found the .gdbinit stuff (dump_brigade, dump_table)
> to be EXTREMELY helpful

You're welcome.  :)  [PS: also thanks to Doug M. who wrote the original
versions.]

Also take a look at the APR_BUCKET_DEBUG stuff I just recently added.

> and I would never have found it unless I'd stumbled across it on google.
> I think it would pay to document that (even if it doesn't help
> the windbg people).

I agree.  I talked about it in my talk at ApacheCon last year, so it's
mentioned in my slides from that, which are reasonably well-indexed on
google.  I see they're also mentioned in some various mailing list
archives that google pulls up, etc.  But more is always better.

--Cliff

Re: updated debugging doc

Posted by Aryeh Katz <ar...@secured-services.com>.
> Aryeh Katz wrote:
>
> > I was looking at
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/developer/debugging.html
> > and it seems to be incorrect.
> > I can't seem to find any of the #defines mentioned here, only
> > APR_POOL_DEBUG.
> > Is there any updated debugging doc?
>
> this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but try
>
> srclib/apr/configure --help | grep pool
>
> more doc is needed, of course :(

I found the .gdbinit stuff (dump_brigade, dump_table)
to be EXTREMELY helpful, and I would never have found it unless I'd stumbled across it on google. I think it would pay to document that (even if it doesn't help the windbg people).

---
Aryeh Katz
Secured-Services Inc.

Re: updated debugging doc