Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Viacheslav Zholudev <vy...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/14 23:12:20 UTC

YARN and mapreduce.task.classpath.user.precedence

Hi,

We are evaluating CDH5 and YARN. Some of our hadoop jobs relied on the value mapreduce.task.classpath.user.precedence set to true. Now it seems it no longer has effect. The jars that should be loaded first are packaged into the "lib" folder in the job jar.
Can you please suggest how to load the jars in the lib folder of the main jar before hadoop adds its jars into the classpath? If it matters, we need to load avro-1.7.5.jar first but CDH5 still comes with avro-1.7.4. I know that one could probably substitute the avro jar in the CDH5 distribution, but I would prefer to avoid it.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Vyacheslav