Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mimiko <vb...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/01 06:09:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Distribution repository vs compiled.

Hello dears.

Tell me, please, what's better to use in production:
1) Precompiled binaries of apache httpd from distribution
2) or Self compiled from sources

What are the risks for each options and pro and cons of each?

Thank you.

[users@httpd] Re: Distribution repository vs compiled.

Posted by "@lbutlr" <kr...@kreme.com>.
On 01 Jun 2018, at 00:09, Mimiko <vb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tell me, please, what's better to use in production:
> 1) Precompiled binaries of apache httpd from distribution
> 2) or Self compiled from sources
>
> What are the risks for each options and pro and cons of each?

Which is better to use in our company cafeteria, a kitchen staff to make food or a food service company to bring in food?

There is no better, they are both solutions that will work well, Which one you want depends on you and your needs and not inherent properties of the food.

There is certainly more ease and convenience in using compiled binary installs, but there is more flexibility in compiling your own from source.

--
SOURCERERS MAKE THEIR OWN DESTINY. THEY TOUCH THE EARTH LIGHTLY.