Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/12 16:15:35 UTC

Derbyclient on Windows 7/JDK 7: "Invalid argument: connect"

Recently, I happened to try using the ClientDriver from Derby 10.8.2.2 under Windows 7
with the latest download of JDK 7 from the Oracle site, and was unable to connect to
any server. The client kept reporting the error:

	Invalid argument: connect

When I backed down to JDK 1.6, the problem went away.

Has anybody else seen this?

thanks,

bryan

Re: Derbyclient on Windows 7/JDK 7: "Invalid argument: connect"

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
> What is the exact jdk 7 version from oracle you were trying?

I'm not sure. Unfortunately I've lost access to that machine for now.

I'll try to re-create this on another machine.

thanks,

bryan

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.