Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Leonardo Santagada <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/03 20:38:36 UTC

Mixing adds, deletes and commit in the same message

I tried to put some adds and deletes in the same request to solr but
it didn't work, have I done something wrong or this is really not
suported?

This is one example:

<add>
	<doc>
		<field name="kind">document</field>
		<field name="uid">one9a10b11c12d</field>
		<field name="title">Test Document</field>
	</doc>
</add>
<commit/>

Thanks in advance
[]'s
--
Leonardo Santagada

Re: Mixing adds, deletes and commit in the same message

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
You can commit after a update command by adding a request parameter:

/update?commit=true
POST: your xml <add>...

ryan

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 3-Jan-08, at 11:38 AM, Leonardo Santagada wrote:

> I tried to put some adds and deletes in the same request to solr
> but it didn't work, have I done something wrong or this is really
> not suported?

It isn't supported.

-Mike