Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ken Fan <ke...@ifabula.com> on 2016/09/29 07:24:41 UTC

solr deployment help

halo solr apache,

introduce me, my name is kenfan and i work in IT company, indonesian.
i want to deploy solr 6.2.0 to openshift online.
in openshift online i used jbossews-2.0. after that i upload a solr-webapps
to webapps openshift online.

i just followed tutorial around on net.. i still stuck.. any help?

Regards,

*Ken Fan*

*PT. Ifabula Digital Kreasi*

Office : Rukan Kencana Niaga Blok D1 No. 1E
Meruya Jakarta Barat - Indonesia

Re: solr deployment help

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 9/29/2016 1:24 AM, Ken Fan wrote:
> introduce me, my name is kenfan and i work in IT company, indonesian.
> i want to deploy solr 6.2.0 to openshift online. in openshift online i
> used jbossews-2.0. after that i upload a solr-webapps to webapps
> openshift online.

We cannot be sure that deployment into JBoss will work.  The only
officially supported deployment option is the included Jetty.
Deployment into *all* third-party containers has never really worked,
usually for reasons that we cannot control.

Solr 5.0 had the first service installation script, and was the second
version with a startup script.  It was released February 2015, over a
year ago.  For over a year, developers have been working under the
assumption that they only need to support one container.  It's very
possible that deployment in third-party containers has gotten less
reliable than it was in earlier versions.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/WhyNoWar

You can continue to try and deploy into JBoss, but you are on your own
to make it work.  I recommend deploying the included Jetty with our
installation script onto UNIX-like operating systems.  For
internet-facing services, we strongly recommend that Solr is *not*
directly reachable by end users, but only by the applications and
administrators that require access.

I urge you to try a small deployment with the script into a dev
environment, and see if your problem remains.  If it does, then please
describe the problem so we can help you with it.

Thanks,
Shawn