Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Ian O' Keeffe <ok...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/09 03:38:15 UTC

Trouble building wsrp4j

Apologies for all of the recent emails, I'm sure people are getting sick of
seeing my name on the mailing list!

My problem is this: I need to get a working version of wsrp4j producer and
consumer so that I can use them in a project that I'm working on. Back in
February I managed to build a version that seemed to work okay from the SVN
trunk but I have since lost the binaries of that version. To replace it I
checked out that latest version of wsrp4j from SVN and built it.
Unfortunately I could not get the producer from this version to work due to
a XML issue with the applicationContext.xml file (see my recent posts to
this mailing list for more details).

After that I checked out the latest revision that I could that did not use
AOP and successfully compiled this version. This version works okay except
when I send a blockingInteraction, When this occurs I get a Fault (see
below). Has anybody see this before? It appears to be related to how wsrp4j
is parsing the SOAP message.

Finally I tried to go back to a much older version of wsrp4j, from earlier
this year. I tried to build it on a clean machine (no pre-existing maven
repository). To do this I checked out pluto from the pluto-1.1.x branch in
order to build pluto-container-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar. I used revsion r634554
(from March 2008) since the latest from trunk generates
pluto-container-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT. After manually installing this jar into the
maven repository I still had compile errors relating to pluto-descriptor. I
manually installed pluto-descriptor-api and pluto-descriptor-impl jars into
the maven repositories but that does not solve the problem. I assume that
this is because the maven build files for wsrp4j do no refer to any such
dependencies. Does anybody know where I'm going wrong here? I'm sure that
it's something really simple!

I would really appreciate any help on this. My goal is to get a version of
wsrp4j that will build for me and which will behave as expected (getMarkup
and performBlockingInteraction). I don't need any of the advanced features
of wsrp. Once I get this I can then look at patching the source so that I
can use the getRemoteUser method from inside my portlets while using wsrp4j
(currently this method only returns null when using wsrp4j).

Thanks to anybody who takes the time to help me out.

Ian

Stacktrace resulting from calling performBlockingInteraction:

javax.portlet.PortletException
        at
org.apache.wsrp4j.consumer.proxyportlet.impl.ProxyPortlet.doProcessAction(ProxyPortlet.java:342)
        at
org.apache.wsrp4j.commons.consumer.util.portlet.PortletFilterChain.doProcessAction(PortletFilterChain.java:118)
        at
org.apache.wsrp4j.commons.consumer.util.portlet.PortletFilterManager.doProcessActionFilters(PortletFilterManager.java:116)
        at
org.apache.wsrp4j.commons.consumer.util.portlet.ControllerPortlet.processAction(ControllerPortlet.java:71)
        at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.dispatch(PortletServlet.java:218)
        at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.doPost(PortletServlet.java:145)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:574)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:499)
        at
org.apache.pluto.core.DefaultPortletInvokerService.invoke(DefaultPortletInvokerService.java:167)
        at
org.apache.pluto.core.DefaultPortletInvokerService.action(DefaultPortletInvokerService.java:85)
        at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletContainerImpl.doAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:217)
        at
org.apache.pluto.driver.PortalDriverServlet.doGet(PortalDriverServlet.java:121)
        at
org.apache.pluto.driver.PortalDriverServlet.doPost(PortalDriverServlet.java:167)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:524)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:419)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.wsrp4j.commons.exception.WSRPException: Internal
Error.
        at
org.apache.wsrp4j.commons.exception.WSRPXHelper.throwX(WSRPXHelper.java:154)
        at
org.apache.wsrp4j.commons.exception.WSRPXHelper.handleWSRPFault(WSRPXHelper.java:365)
        at
org.apache.wsrp4j.commons.consumer.driver.portletdriver.PortletDriverImpl.performBlockingInteraction(PortletDriverImpl.java:461)
        at
org.apache.wsrp4j.consumer.proxyportlet.impl.ProxyPortlet.doProcessAction(ProxyPortlet.java:239)
        ... 35 more
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:222)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:129)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
Source)
        at
Source)
Source)
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435)
        at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)
        at
oasis.names.tc.wsrp.v1.bind.WSRP_v1_Markup_Binding_SOAPStub.performBlockingInteraction(WSRP_v1_Markup_Binding_SOAPStub.java:1052)
        at
org.apache.wsrp4j.commons.consumer.driver.portletdriver.PortletDriverImpl.performBlockingInteraction(PortletDriverImpl.java:447)
        ... 36 more

Re: Trouble building wsrp4j

Posted by Ian O' Keeffe <ok...@gmail.com>.
For future reference.

I have been able to resolve the compilation errors when compiling older
revisions of wsrp4j by modifying the pom.xml file for the producer. I added
the following dependency:

<dependency>
            <artifactId>pluto-descriptor-api</artifactId>
            <groupId>org.apache.pluto</groupId>
            <version>${pluto.version}</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

This was done in conjunction with manually installing the
pluto-descriptor-api.jar file

Ian