Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2013/12/10 19:55:41 UTC

ANN: The third hbase-0.96.1 release candidate is available for download

The third hbase-0.96.1 release candidate is available for download:

  http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.96.1RC2/

The maven artifacts are available here:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-037/

152 issues [1] have been fixed since 0.96.0, mostly performance improvement
and bug fixes.

Shall we release this as hbase-0.96.1?  Please vote by Monday, December
16th.

Thanks,
Your HBase Team

1. http://goo.gl/ZgYBW2

Re: ANN: The third hbase-0.96.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

I started it over a cluster that had data written with trunk and it came up
fine.  I ran a loading and no untoward exceptions.

Download looks right.  md5 checks out.

Any more +1's out there?

St.Ack

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

Checked signatures
Unpacked tarball - looks ok
Ran unit test suite - passed
Ran LoadTestTool with write+read+update up to 1M keys in minicluster
configuration - looks good

I don't think HBASE-10145 is a blocker.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: ANN: The third hbase-0.96.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Yeah. In that case you need to wipe the corresponding znode under /hbase/table.
We need a way to do so automatically.

-- Lars

________________________________
Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Facing something strange...

Posted by Aleksandr Shulman <al...@cloudera.com>.

--
Best Regards,

Aleks Shulman
847.814.5804
Cloudera

Re: ANN: The third hbase-0.96.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Aleksandr Shulman <al...@cloudera.com>.

--
Best Regards,

Aleks Shulman
847.814.5804
Cloudera

Re: ANN: The third hbase-0.96.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Ran on a 5-node hadoop 2.1 variant.
Ran the incrementer test that shotdown rc1.  It passes.
Looked at included docs, looks good.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: ANN: The third hbase-0.96.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
+1