Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by RENJITH T <re...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/27 09:37:49 UTC

JUnit Load Test Framework

Hi,

   I am very new to JMeter. I want to create a JUnit Load Testing
framework. Below is my requirement.

   Requirement:
   I want to create a JUnit Load Test Framework, which has separate JUnit
sampler requests. It should have mainly three parts.

   Data Setup:
   1) A setup thread group which takes care of
       a) Check the entire test plan to see the properties are set
correctly. If any BLANK/Null fields, (Results are stored in DB with
           release , build details. So check the DB for duplicate build no
exisrs), build no, it will stop the test.

   Execution Thread Group:
   1) Data read from CSV file and inject to JUnit requests.
   2) Execute the sampler.
   3) Store the Elapsed time/throughput/CPU/Memory..etc to CSV files

   Final Phase:
   1) A Tear down thread group, which takes care of LOADing the CSV values
(which was created during the execution) to MYSQL DB, by JDBC sampler.
   2) Intimate the team about the execution. status (If any error happend
and halt the execution, error details should be included in the MAIL).

I've created a Basic structure of this. But cant proceed with below issues.

    *QUESTIONS*:
    1. Can you please tell me, whether is this the professional
approach/any other good approach to fulfill this.
    2. In the final phase, i am unable to read the CSV file, which was
created during the execution thread group. But after the execution, i am
able to run the LOAD query manually and able to load the data. I tried with
script too. It also reads NULL.
    3. How to programatically enable/disable/execute a test step (e.g. send
mail sampler) according to a script condition. (e.g. if error count in a
text file is more than 100, send mail to the team).

Thanks in Advance,
Renjith T