Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Galbreath, Mark" <Ga...@tessco.com> on 2002/08/30 16:35:51 UTC

RE : [CRAP] Humor on Struts-User

I think you need to get laid, dude.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael [mailto:michael@idtect.com]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 9:51 AM

Because you're filling up my mailbox with them.  Just think about it, if
1,000 people each take 5 seconds to read your email, the that's over one
hour of lost productivity.  Do you enjoy wasting everyone's time?  The
purpose of the email is to discuss struts.  Offtopic is one thing but
the comedy is totally out of line.

Also when filling up everyone's mailbox with the crap, people will miss
important struts-related emails.

Michael

Muliple Data Sources

Posted by Brian Hickey <bh...@r-effects.com>.
Anyone done this successfully?

I have the December 2001 release of Struts (I think this is 1.0) and I am
developing a webapp that has a need for two datasources. I modified the
struts-config and, leaving the default data-source without a key, added the
new data-source (same Oracle database - diff user/pwd).

<data-source>
   <set-property property="key"          value="loadFoo"/>
   <set-property property="autoCommit"   value="false"/>
   <set-property property="description"  value="Oracle" />
   <set-property property="driverClass"
value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" />
   <set-property property="maxCount"     value="50"/>
   <set-property property="minCount"     value="1"/>
   <set-property property="url"
value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.0.10:1521:dev" />
   <set-property property="user"         value="foo"/>
   <set-property property="password"     value="bar"/>
</data-source>

The Application class calls:

 public void initDatabase() {
  // try to get a db handle
  DataSource ds = null;
  Connection dbConn = null;

  try {
      ds = super.findDataSource(null);
   dbConn = ds.getConnection();
  } catch (Exception e) {
   return;
  }

I gen the .war file and deploy it. Tomcat starts and you see the first
data-source load and:

    org.apache.struts.util.GenericDataSource
properties are set to the default (null key). Then you see the second
data-source load and the GenericDataSource properties are set to the second
data-source.

Now - when the inits run, he runs the queries against the second data-source
even though I am using the null value for DATA_SOURCE_KEY. ARGGH!

I stumbled through the Digester code and the format of data-source seems
correct.

Can anyone assist? I am pulling what little hair I have left out :o)

Thanks in advance.

Brian

BTW - I also tried naming the default data-source with a key = "default" -
no go. He loads, but the behavior is the same.

Re: [CRAP] Humor on Struts-User

Posted by Mark Nichols <dh...@hotmail.com>.
My Friday is now complete.

/\/\ark

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: RE : [CRAP] Humor on Struts-User

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
LMAO - Mark, you're terrible!  ... terribly RIGHT, me thinks!  :-P

I think that adults should act as adults - some prefer to act like
whiney children though ...