Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Caroline Jen <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/09 23:02:12 UTC

[OT]How Come My Image File is Surrounded by a Box?

I am trying to display an image.  The image is
displayed successfully; however, there is a box (I do
not have a clue where the box comes from) surrounding
the image.  I cannot get rid of the box.

The image is a link; therefore, it leads me to think
that the box may be the 'underline' of the link (I can
be wrong on this.)  But I am having difficult time
with the problem.

OKay, I have a JSP page and a Master.css file.

In the Master.css file, I changed color of some
background color and text color of the JSP page. Those
color changes reflect in my JSP page. Therefore, I
believe the JSP page has found the Master.css. Am I
correct?

In the same Master.css file, I also have:

code:

A:link{ text-decoration:none;}

but, all the links in my JSP page still have an
'underline'.

Does the box around my image have something to do with
the 'underline'?

Why my JSP page cannot pick up the
{text-decoration:none;} in the Master.css file?

If the box has nothing to do with the 'underline',
then, where does the box come from?  How do I suppress
it?

Thank you very much.