Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Ron <ro...@bpstudios.com> on 2000/07/09 00:20:48 UTC

Xalan - Massive ClassCastExceptions

I used JProbe to profile an application I wrote using Xalan and Xerces.
The application is very slow when processing an XPath.execute().
What I found:
1) 108 calls to XPath.execute(XPathSupport,Node,PrefixResolver)
     resulting in
2) 108 calls to
XPath.execute(XPathSupport,Node,PrefixResolver,NodeCallback,Object,boolean)
     resulting in
3) 155478 calls to
XPath.execute(XPathSupport,Node,int,NodeCallback,Object,boolean)
     resulting in
4) 51754 calls to XPath.equals(XPathSupport,Node,int)
     and
5) 51862 calls to
XPath.locationPath(XPathSupport,Node,int,NodeCallback,Object,boolean)
     eventually resulting in (I've left out the calls leading up to 6 &
7)
6) 54375 calls to
MutableNodeListImpl.addNodeInDocOrder(Node,Node,XPathSupport)
     and
7) 54375 calls to
MutableNodeListImpl.isNodeAfter(Node,Node,XPathSupport)
     together (6 & 7) resulting in
8) 108750 calls to java.lang.ClassCastException<init>(String)

That is, each call to addNodeInDocOrder() and isNodeAfter()
resulted in a ClassCastException - a 1000 Exceptions per call to
execute().

Thanks,
Ron
PS. I get an "Unauthorized" message when I attempt to submit to the bug
parade.