Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Joerg Ritter <jo...@o-s-c.de> on 2001/09/25 08:26:21 UTC

RE: Why are the files uploaded to /files invisible after TC4 restarted?

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem.
I think the problem is, before copying a file to the web folder, you 've to
wait until tomcat "really" started.
So what's "really"? After starting tomcat I wait until the LOG-files under
$TOMCAT_HOME/log don't change any more. If so you can start working with
Slide. And than everything goes right with restarting and so on.
Seems to be a synchronization problem.

Joerg

At 13:52 24.09.2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Raj,
>
>  Thanks for the response.
>
>  But the file was created in
>    c:jakarta-tomcat-4.0\contentstore\files
>  after I dragged and dropped it to the web folder/files.
>
>  I also confirmed the existence of the file uploaded in
>    c:jakarta-tomcat-4.0\contentstore\files
>  after I restarted the tomcat.
>
>  I check the Domain.xml, the section of
>
>    <definition>
>      <store name="memory">
>    </definition>
>
>  was commented out. However, the section of
>
>    <definition>
>      <store name="jdbc">
>    </definition>
>
>  Wasn't commented out. So it probably used JDBCDescriptorsStore.
>  Didn't it?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bensen
>

>>From: "Raj Kumar" <ko...@intalio.com>
>>To: <sl...@jakarta.apache.org>
>>Subject: RE: Why are the files uploaded to /files invisible after TC4
>>restarted?
>>Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:02:11 -0700
>>
>>hi bensen,
>>   I think  the problem is that you were probably using a
>>MemoryDescriptorsStore for the "nodestore".
>>   Since the objects stored in the MemoryDescriptorsStore do not survive
>>restarts you would need to use some sort of persistent store for the
>>"nodestore" for example JDBCDescriptorsStore. Then you should be able to see
>>files uploaded after tomcat restart.
>>        rajkumar

OSC - OFFIS Systems and Consulting GmbH
Dr. Jörg Ritter
Bereichsleiter
Standard Systems
Industriestraße 11, 26121 Oldenburg
Tel.: 04 41/3 50 42-3 10, Fax: -3 80, Zentrale: -0
E-Mail: joerg.ritter@o-s-c.de