Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Sumit S." <su...@virtusa.com> on 2003/11/10 17:03:40 UTC

Transferring Data from ValueObjects into DynaBeans

Hi,
   Is there a standard way of describing the DynaProperty array for creating a DynaBean into which I can populate data from a Value Object using PropertyUtils.copyProperties (...)

  For eg, when we are getting data from a resultset and use the ResultSetDynaClass

   BasicDynaClass bdc = new BasicDynaClass("foo", BasicDynaBean.class, rsdc.getDynaProperties());

 Is there a way to set the DynaProperties of the DynaBean when bringing the data over from a ValueObject (Say a struts based action form)

  What I have done as of now, is implemented a piece of code to introspect the ActionForm and create an array of DynaProperty objects that I am passing to the BasicDynaClass structure.

				propertyDescriptor = propertyDescriptors[i];
				propertyType = propertyDescriptor.getPropertyType();
				propertyName = propertyDescriptor.getName();
				dynaProperty = new DynaProperty(propertyName, propertyType);

Add all the dynaProperty Objects to an array and pass it to the constructor....

Is there another way ?

Thanks
Sumit

Re: Transferring Data from ValueObjects into DynaBeans

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Quoting "Sumit S." <su...@virtusa.com>:

> Hi,
>    Is there a standard way of describing the DynaProperty array for creating
> a DynaBean into which I can populate data from a Value Object using
> PropertyUtils.copyProperties (...)
>
>   For eg, when we are getting data from a resultset and use the
> ResultSetDynaClass
>
>    BasicDynaClass bdc = new BasicDynaClass("foo", BasicDynaBean.class,
> rsdc.getDynaProperties());
>
>  Is there a way to set the DynaProperties of the DynaBean when bringing the
> data over from a ValueObject (Say a struts based action form)
>
>   What I have done as of now, is implemented a piece of code to introspect
> the ActionForm and create an array of DynaProperty objects that I am passing
> to the BasicDynaClass structure.
>
> 				propertyDescriptor = propertyDescriptors[i];
> 				propertyType = propertyDescriptor.getPropertyType();
> 				propertyName = propertyDescriptor.getName();
> 				dynaProperty = new DynaProperty(propertyName, propertyType);
>
> Add all the dynaProperty Objects to an array and pass it to the
> constructor....
>
> Is there another way ?

If you just want to copy the properties of your transfer object to set up a new
DynaClass, check out the WrapDynaBean class.

  MyValueObject mvo = ...;
  DynaBean dynabean = new WrapDynaBean(mvo);

> Thanks
> Sumit

Craig