Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/21 19:05:53 UTC

Log4j 2.6 vs. 2.5.1

Based on semver and the "add"s so far in changes.xml, I propose we change
the next version from 2.5.1 to 2.6:

      <action issue="LOG4J2-1221" dev="rpopma" type="add" due-to="Michael
Barker">

        *Added async logger Timeout wait strategy and made this the default
wait strategy for async loggers.*

*        This prevents a rare deadlock that may occur on Solaris.*

      </action>

      <action issue="LOG4J2-1080" dev="rpopma" type="add">

        *Added option to discard events below a certain log level if the
async logger ring buffer*

*        or async appender queue remaining capacity falls below a certain
ratio.*

      </action>

      <action issue="LOG4J2-1237" dev="ggregory" type="add" due-to="Mike
Calmus, Gary Gregory">

        *Make PatternLayout header and footer accept a pattern.*

      </action>

      <action issue="LOG4J2-1244" dev="ggregory" type="add" due-to="Anshu
Garg, Remko Popma, Gary Gregory">

        *Make header and footer values customizable in JSONLayout.*

      </action>

      <action issue="LOG4J2-1245" dev="ggregory" type="add">

        *Make CSV Layout header and footers accept patterns.*

      </action>

      <action issue="LOG4J2-1192" dev="ggregory" type="add" due-to="Jörg
Bretschneider, Gary Gregory">

        *Dynamic Subject for SMTP Appender.*

      </action>

Thoughts?

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Log4j 2.6 vs. 2.5.1

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Actually, I am in the midst of making some changes that will require a 2.6 release.  LOG4J2-124 and LOG4J2-1255.

Ralph

Re: Log4j 2.6 vs. 2.5.1

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.

Re: Log4j 2.6 vs. 2.5.1