Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michel Bergijk <m....@home.nl> on 2000/11/11 16:15:45 UTC

How to set a page break?

Hi all,

While trying to create pdf-reports from data, I stumbled on a problem with page breaks.
Or rather, I can not get my page breaks how I like them. In my XML file I have data
about teams for one month. I want each team displayed on a separate page.

I tried
- page-break.before="always"
- page-break.after="always"
- page-break-after="always"
and
- keep-together.within-page="always"
as shown below.

Nothing helped, the page breaks have their own life. They break the page on places I do not want.
Has anybody an answer on the question how I enforce a page break in my output file?

Part of the XSL file:

<xsl:apply-templates select="month"/>
  <fo:block keep-together.within-page="always">
  <xsl:for-each select="team">

    <!-- Print the team name as caption before the table             -->
    <fo:block space-before.optimum="1cm" font-size="12pt"
        font-weight="bold" font-family="serif" text-align="center">
       <xsl:text>Hours of team </xsl:text>
          <xsl:value-of select="text()"/>
    </fo:block>

    <!-- Keep all project codes of a team on one page               -->
        <!-- The table                                              -->
        <fo:table space-before.optimum="8pt"
            space-after.optimum="0.6cm" border="2pt" empty-cells="show">
          <fo:table-column column-width="2.9cm"/>
          <fo:table-column column-width="3.5cm"/>
          <fo:table-column column-width="3cm"/>
          <fo:table-column column-width="4cm"/>
          <fo:table-column column-width="1.5cm"/>
          <fo:table-body>

          <!-- The heading of the table.                            -->
          <xsl:for-each select="project_code">
  </xsl:for-each>
  </fo:block>

P.S. The combination of the XML and XSL-file generates a pdf-file.
P.S.2 I know this is more a XSL question, but to get the end result I use fop. I hope this not a problem?

=================================
Michel Bergijk      m.bergijk@home.nl

Work                   Michel.Bergijk@cmg.nl
=================================

Re: How to set a page break?

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
> - page-break.before="always"
> - page-break.after="always"
> - page-break-after="always"
> and
> - keep-together.within-page="always"

not implemented (see docs). Try break-after and break-before (as in
readme.fo)
Fotis