Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Pradeep Badiger <pv...@gmail.com> on 2023/08/30 16:03:10 UTC

Ignite 2.7.0 Off-heap evictions and replace()

Hi,

We are using Apache Ignite 2.7.0 with the following setup

1. on-heap enabled
2. native persistence disabled
4. Random2LRU for off-heap evictions

We are seeing that call to the replace() on a key returns false even though
that was very recently updated and was available before the replace() was
called. We found that entry gets evicted from off-heap right before the
replace() is called causing it to fail.

What is the expected behavior in this case? Since we are using a loading
cache, is it not supposed to load it from the store during the replace()
call? Why does that get evicted from off-heap?

thanks,
Pradeep V.B.