Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Stein M. Eliassen" <st...@kpnqwest.no> on 2000/12/04 18:11:32 UTC

VAJ and Tomcat 3.2

Hi,

Tomcat 3.2 runs inside Visual Age for Java, but after (trying) a re-start I get

FATAL:java.net.SocketException: Address already in use
java.net.SocketException: Address already in use

Seems that the 8080 port never get's released...

Has anyone succesfully gotten 3.2 to work inside vaj?

Haven't tested for VAJ 3.5 yet, only 3.02 for linux.

Regards
Stein

Re: VAJ and Tomcat 3.2

Posted by Dominique BATARD <db...@sf2r.fr>.
I'm running Tomcat 3.2 without any problem in VAJAVA 3.0 and VAJAVA 3.5

I can start it and stop it any number of time without restarting vajava.

I installed tomcat in by hand. You must verify your start and stop
properties.

Dom

Problem compiling mod_jk.so

Posted by "Craig W. Blake" <cr...@gtb.net>.
Hello all,

I have a problem someone may be able to help with.  I tried to compile mod_jk.so
seperate from my apache source, and after enabling it in got the error about it
being a garbled module.  So then I tried to compile it with the apache source tree
(as a previous post recommended, I think) and had configure enable it, which worked
fine, but when I try to execute apache it fails with the following message:

Syntax error on line 238 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so: undefined symbol: map_name_at

It looks like this function is defined in jk_map.h, but I am unsure of how to get
apache to see it.  Any suggestions?  About all I could think of was putting it into
the apache include dir, but this did not work.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Craig B.