Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/02 21:00:11 UTC

Re: IDE Prefs for Arrow/Parquet C++ development/debugging

hey Brian,

I personally do all my work with Emacs+gdb on the command line, but
I've heard CLion is really useful for debugging and so I've been
meaning to set it up myself. I think Phillip C has used CLion some in
the past

I recently opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-3118
about documenting the setup process for this.

Apache Impala has a guide for using CLion with Impala so that's a
reasonable starting point
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/IntelliJ+and+CLion+Setup+for+Impala+Development

- Wes