Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Paul van Dijk <pa...@surfnet.nl> on 2011/09/27 09:40:04 UTC

Self-service application administration...

Hi all,

Please let me introduce myself. My name is Paul van Dijk product
manager at SURFnet. In the months to come we would like to put some
more effort in our co-development of Rave.

One of the first topics we would like to cover is the development of
an admin interface. Attached you will find a number of mockups of
functionality we would like to include.

I am curious if these ideas fit with yours (?)

One of the things we initially need to address is how to provide
administrator access to the admin interface in a safe way.

I have added the mockups to epic:
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-9>

Best regards,

Paul
SURFnet

RE: Self-service application administration...

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

+1.  Can't hurt to have one less join.

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

If we went with widget-based, we could use the widget audience feature to restrict who can add widgets and use the security annotations on service methods to determine if someone has the correct permissions.

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 27 Sep 2011, at 08:40, Paul van Dijk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please let me introduce myself. My name is Paul van Dijk product
> manager at SURFnet. In the months to come we would like to put some
> more effort in our co-development of Rave.
>
> One of the first topics we would like to cover is the development of
> an admin interface. Attached you will find a number of mockups of
> functionality we would like to include.
>
> I am curious if these ideas fit with yours (?)

I think this is a great starting point for the admin interface. Certainly using tabs makes sense for organising the screens as we can then add more tabs for configuring extensions - I guess the only question there is how many tabs could be supported.