Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2015/10/02 10:53:36 UTC

Re: Oak, Launchpad 8, Docker

Am 30.09.15 um 23:26 schrieb Robert Munteanu:

> I think the big one is
>
>   UserAdmin and GroupAdmin groups are missing on our Oak setup
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-3144
>
> There are more details in the issue but the basic idea is that Oak does
> not and will not support them.
>
> My suggestion is:
>
> - remove the metatype from the service exposing these parameters (
>  AuthorizablePrivilegesInfoImpl )
> - warn if a non-default value is found set for these properties
> - no longer take the properties into account
> - delete the ITs which exercise this functionality

I don't really understand what the issue is. Is it correct that we still
can have an implementation of AuthorizablePrivilegesInfo with Oak? The
problem is more that the implementation of that one can't be configurable?

Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Oak, Launchpad 8, Docker

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 02.10.15 um 11:19 schrieb Robert Munteanu:
> On Fri, 2015-10-02 at 10:53 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Am 30.09.15 um 23:26 schrieb Robert Munteanu:
>>
>>> I think the big one is
>>>
>>>   UserAdmin and GroupAdmin groups are missing on our Oak setup
>>>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-3144
>>>
>>> There are more details in the issue but the basic idea is that Oak
>>> does
>>> not and will not support them.
>>>
>>> My suggestion is:
>>>
>>> - remove the metatype from the service exposing these parameters (
>>>  AuthorizablePrivilegesInfoImpl )
>>> - warn if a non-default value is found set for these properties
>>> - no longer take the properties into account
>>> - delete the ITs which exercise this functionality
>>>
>> I don't really understand what the issue is. Is it correct that we
>> still
>> can have an implementation of AuthorizablePrivilegesInfo with Oak?
>> The
>> problem is more that the implementation of that one can't be
>> configurable?
>
> Yes, the implementation will still exist, just that the items that were
> configurable with Jackrabbit - UserAdmin and GroupAdmin - no longer
> exist, therefore it no longer makes sense to expose them.

Ok, then I think we should follow your radical approach from above.

Thanks
Carsten

Re: Oak, Launchpad 8, Docker

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2015-10-02 at 10:53 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Am 30.09.15 um 23:26 schrieb Robert Munteanu:
>
> > I think the big one is
> >
> >   UserAdmin and GroupAdmin groups are missing on our Oak setup
> >   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-3144
> >
> > There are more details in the issue but the basic idea is that Oak
> > does
> > not and will not support them.
> >
> > My suggestion is:
> >
> > - remove the metatype from the service exposing these parameters (
> >  AuthorizablePrivilegesInfoImpl )
> > - warn if a non-default value is found set for these properties
> > - no longer take the properties into account
> > - delete the ITs which exercise this functionality
> >
> I don't really understand what the issue is. Is it correct that we
> still
> can have an implementation of AuthorizablePrivilegesInfo with Oak?
> The
> problem is more that the implementation of that one can't be
> configurable?

Yes, the implementation will still exist, just that the items that were
configurable with Jackrabbit - UserAdmin and GroupAdmin - no longer
exist, therefore it no longer makes sense to expose them.

Robert