Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/05 23:55:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] change the license headers in camel-extra

I would like to change the license headers in camel-extra to something like
the following (I took the original GNU GPL v2 license header and added the
camel specific parts):

/**************************************************************************************
  Copyright (C) 2008 - 2012 Camel Extra Team.
  http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/camel-extra/

  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
  modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
  as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
  of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

  Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA
02110-1301, USA.

  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0-standalone.html
***************************************************************************************/

The reason is, the current license header in camel-extra looks a bit self
made and not GNU GPL v2 as you can see:

/**************************************************************************************
 * Copyright (C) 2008 - 2012 Camel Extra Team. All rights
reserved.                   *
 * http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/camel-extra/
*
 *
*
 * The software in this package is published under the terms of the GPL
license       *
 * a copy of which has been included with this distribution in the
license.txt file.  *
 **************************************************************************************/

Please express your opinion!

[1] http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/camel-extra/

Best,
Christian

Re: [DISCUSS] change the license headers in camel-extra

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Claus Ibsen