Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/03 19:52:40 UTC

Two patches needing review

This is a set of good housekeeping things for 0.8 open source release:
This is just a small set of trivial cleanups that are very visible:
- Fix logging for tools so we don't spew log messages in with tool output
- Fix GC settings so we don't default to "stop the world"
- Modularlize the script variables so you can override just gc, logging, etc
- Remove delete-topic.sh because it doesn't work.
- Remove incorrect things from README
- Remove unused properties and deprecated properties from
config/server.properties that give warnings
- Misc. cleanup of config comments that were incorrect

This is the fsync management patch for trunk:
I can't really do any testing on trunk until this is in.

Por favor.

-Jay

Re: Two patches needing review

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.