Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/13 01:02:48 UTC

root folder problem

Hi,
	the problem I've necountered appears in JS2 FINAL. After a restart of
Tomcat the whole information about the root folder is lost and
folder.metadata is ignored. The root folder is displayed as 'Top' (in a
portal site and in the portal site manager application). The information
can be restored (until a next Tomcat restart) by replacing
folder.metadata with some another file and its manual editing.
	Have you noticed this strange behaviour? Is it a bug or just my mistake?

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com
tel.: +48 502 408 444
gg: 2540358
skype: jacek_wislicki

Re: root folder problem

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Randy Watler z 2006-01-14 01:01 brzmiala:

> This sounds like a badly formatted folder.metadata file or one that J2
> does not have permission to read by default. Please check the file
> permissions and do a diff on the file that works and the original. This
> is certainly NOT a common or known problem.
Yes, now I can see some logs about problems with marshalling
folder.metadata (sorry, I've missed them previously). The problem was
probably some white character, I don't know where. After manual
rewriting the file works fine now. Sorry for making the noise ;)

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com
tel.: +48 502 408 444
gg: 2540358
skype: jacek_wislicki

Re: root folder problem

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Jacek,

This sounds like a badly formatted folder.metadata file or one that J2
does not have permission to read by default. Please check the file
permissions and do a diff on the file that works and the original. This
is certainly NOT a common or known problem.

Randy

How to add or remove language item from Locale Selector Portlet?

Posted by Do Xuan Tien <ti...@yahoo.com>.
I know how to add the *_vi.properties to my portlets, but I don't know how to add my language item to the Locale Selector Portlet, also remove the items I don't need.

Email me at tiendx2002@gmail.com or tiendx2002@yahoo.com

Yahoo! Photos