Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2002/12/03 17:39:45 UTC

Re: I was ripping you guys off today so I thought I'd let you know...

Leo Simons wrote:

> If it makes you feel better I'm going to rip your BeerTapService
> concept...that is if you'll grant me written permission and not sue for
> trademark infringement :P

Feel free :-) -- Consider it ASL'd. ;-)

However I'd like to trademark the BeerTap itself.  For now on everyone
is required to pay me the reasonble price of $.30 (real money not
colorful toy money that fluctuates in value too much for my taste :-p )
for the right to use one.  I'm not doing this for the money, its so that
stronger beer is cheaper :-)  (social benefit)

> My suggestion on the code would be to use an avalon ServiceManager (if I
> didn't like that one I'd go and change it).

Why that sounds like an excellent reply.  Please Refactor my example and
  reply.  I'll respond in kind.  I'd appreciate the accompanying
"rationale" including the advantages and drawbacks.  (for example: a
dependency on Avalon of course being a cost)

I'd LOVE to read it.

-Andy