Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave J Dandeneau <Da...@viant.com> on 2001/12/04 15:42:15 UTC

Validator not generating errors

For some reason the validator framework is no longer generating errors.
I am running three tomcat web applications. Each has it's own
validations. When they load up I can see the validations in the output,
but when I hit the page it says "no errors detected" and moves on?

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Excerpts from
my setup are below. Thanks in advance for any help...

<!-- portion of validation.xml -->
<form name="provideFeedbackForm">
         <field property="firstName"
               depends="required,mask">
                 <arg0 key="provideFeedbackForm.firstName.label"/>
                     <var>
                       <var-name>mask</var-name>
                       <var-value>^\w+$</var-value>
                     </var>
         </field>
         <field property="lastName"
               depends="required,mask">
                 <msg name="mask"
key="registrationForm.lastname.maskmsg"/>
                 <arg0 key="provideFeedbackForm.lastName.label"/>
                     <var>
                       <var-name>mask</var-name>
                       <var-value>^[a-zA-Z]*$</var-value>
                     </var>
         </field>
         <field property="phoneNumber"
               depends="mask">
                 <arg0 key="provideFeedbackForm.emailAddress.label"/>
                     <var>
                       <var-name>mask</var-name>
                       <var-value>${phone}</var-value>
                     </var>
         </field>
         <field property="emailAddress"
               depends="required,email">
                 <arg0 key="provideFeedbackForm.emailAddress.label"/>
         </field>
</form>

<!-- excerpts from the struts-config -->
    <form-bean     name="provideFeedbackForm"

type="bla.site.pub.support.form.ProvideFeedbackForm"/>
    </form-beans>

    <action     path="/provideFeedback"
                type="bla.site.pub.support.action.ProvideFeedbackAction"
                name="provideFeedbackForm"
                scope="request"
                input="/WEB-INF/pages/provideFeedback.jsp">
            <forward 	name="success"

path="/WEB-INF/pages/provideFeedbackSuccess.jsp"/>
            <forward 	name="failure"
				path="/WEB-INF/pages/error.jsp"/>
    </action>

Thanks,