Posted to dev@click.apache.org by "Andrey P.Rybin" <ap...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/14 17:00:27 UTC

Re: IntelliJ plugin

>WarnerJan

May I ask You:
Can you make your plugin for IDEA 8x too (not only for 9x IDEA).
As I know their Plugin API are different.

8x is widely used (for example our company haven't plans yet to migrate ;-(.

Re: IntelliJ plugin

Posted by WarnerJan Veldhuis <wa...@qprcostcontrol.com>.
So far, creating an IntelliJ plugin is a royal pain in the ass. No docs,
or close to none, hardly any reference guides, starter guides, almost no
(simple) examples, nothing. Once you find the right API, it works really
well, but just getting there is a nightmare.

If I finish for v9, I'll see if I can set it up for v8. Shouldn't be
that hard...... :)

Cheres,

WarnerJan Veldhuis

Re: IntelliJ plugin

Posted by "Andrey P.Rybin" <ap...@gmail.com>.
OMG! On a surface it was looked good :-(

http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/plugins/plugin_developers.html
http://www.jetbrains.net/confluence/display/IDEADEV/PluginDevelopment

briefly: Community Edition source code includes a number of small
sample plugins, there is live demo, forum and a news group.