Posted to user@poi.apache.org by kavya <ka...@wipro.com> on 2014/01/02 12:56:11 UTC

Setting Arial Unicode Ms for word document

Hi,
I am using below piece of code for generating a word document,
 XWPFRun paragraphRun = paragraph.createRun();
    paragraphRun.setFontFamily("'Arial Unicode MS'");
    paragraphRun.setBold(true);

when I am opening the word document the special characters are displayed as
boxes and showing font family as Calibri. Please suggest Why I am not able
to set 'Arial Unicode MS' as font family or is there is any other way for
supporting UTF-8 encoding in POI.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Setting Arial Unicode Ms for word document

Posted by kavya <ka...@wipro.com>.
First I tried without single quote, even then the result is same, it is not
displaying the special character, its showing font as Calibri.

Re: Setting Arial Unicode Ms for word document

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Thu, 2 Jan 2014, kavya wrote:
> I am using below piece of code for generating a word document,
> XWPFRun paragraphRun = paragraph.createRun();
>    paragraphRun.setFontFamily("'Arial Unicode MS'");
>    paragraphRun.setBold(true);

The nested single quotes looks wrong to me. If you set the font you want
in Word and read it back with POI, what do you see?

Nick