Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2011/02/24 21:15:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Maven Assembly Plugin version 2.2.1

Hi,

We solved 16 issues:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11126&styleName=Html&version=17135

There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=11126&status=1

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-048/

Staging site:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin-2.2.1/

Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Assembly Plugin version 2.2.1

Posted by chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.

+1

--
Tony Chemit

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Assembly Plugin version 2.2.1

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

2011/2/24 Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>:
> Hi,
>
> We solved 16 issues:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11126&styleName=Html&version=17135
>
> There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=11126&status=1
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-048/
>
> Staging site:
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin-2.2.1/
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> --
> Dennis Lundberg

Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy
http://www.linkedin.com/in/olamy

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Assembly Plugin version 2.2.1

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
+1 from me

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
+1

Hervé

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Maven Assembly Plugin version 2.2.1

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi,
The vote has passed with the following result :

+1 (binding): John Casey, Olivier Lamy, Hervé Boutemy, Dennis Lundberg
+1 (non binding): Tony Chemit

I will promote the artifacts to the central repo.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
sounds like it qualifies under the usual policy for tiny amounts of
compatibly-licensed code.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
I've closed MASSEMBLY-547. I removed the class and verified that the ITs
still succeed. I also verified that the Maven prereq was high enough to
avoid the old version of plexus-utils, from Maven 2.0.5 and older.

I marked the Fix-For version 2.3, so we don't have to interrupt this
vote if we don't want to.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2011-02-24 23:38, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
>> Staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-048/
>
> Hm, the following source file carries a MIT license header:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-assembly-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/assembly/utils/CommandLineUtils.java
>

> Judging from its history, it seems this copy can now be removed in favor
> of the plexus-utils dependency.

Yes, that's my conclusion as well, after looking at the two classes. The
class in plexus-utils contains a lot more stuff in it though and the
implementation differs a bit.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
+1