Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/19 05:28:52 UTC

benchmark contrib, wikipedia, publishing results

Been thinking about ORP on and off all day today... and Mark brought up the benchmark contrib.  Shouldn't we publish Lucene results for that somewhere on the site?

Otis

Re: benchmark contrib, wikipedia, publishing results

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Regarding ORP and TREC and the nasty comments that somebody dropped onto
Otis blog, the OSHUMED collection is, I believe easily available without
difficulties or payment (I don't know about redistribution).

This collection is smallish, but can be used in a variety of interesting
ways for ad-hoc or routing evaluations.  For instance, the TREC-9 OSHUMED
routing task can be recast as a retrieval task by using category text as a
query.