Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sunil Thakker <su...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/27 21:24:19 UTC

How to configure Tomcat 4.0 with Apache 1.3.20

Hi,

Does anyone know how to configure tomcat 4.0 with
apache 1.3.20? Please let me know the steps.. I m
creating a directory named extaff (name of my
application) under webapps. I don't know how to
configure ....

Please help...

Thanks

http://phone.yahoo.com

Re: Bug? can't compile 2094.jsp

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001, Jayson Falkner wrote:

> Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 00:05:26 -0400
> From: Jayson Falkner <ja...@jspinsider.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Bug? can't compile 2094.jsp
>
> My JSP container was recently upgraded to Tomcat 4.0. Everything works
> fine except Tomcat throws an error when compiling 2092.jsp
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPpublic
> class 2092$jsp extends HttpJspBase {
>              ^
> public class 2092$jsp extends HttpJspBase {
>                   ^
>      public 2092$jsp( ) {
>                 ^
> 3 errors
>

> The page works if the name is changed to anything without a number in
> front, or if we use Tomcat 3.2. Is this a new restriction of JSP 1.2?

No, just more evidence that there is no such thing as an optimal "name
mangling" rule for converting JSP page names into Java class names :-(.

Could you please file a bug report on this, so it doesn't get lost in the
thousands of mail messages on TOMCAT-USER?

  http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

> Jayson Falkner
> jayson@jspinsider.com

Craig