Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> on 2003/06/16 22:53:30 UTC

Comments (was: Re: Nomination of Glen Mazza as committer)

Peter B. West wrote:
>  I recall, however, that it took me a year to gain that status, a year
> during which I wrote a considerable amount of code which I maintained in
> my ISP account.  My crime was that I did not toe the Party line.  I hope
> those days are gone, and that, should a developer happen along who
> contributes to alt.design, and expresses a desire to continue to work on
> it, he or she will be granted committer status with the now customary
> alacrity.

Sorry, I don't see much value in using pull parsing instead of
push parsing either. Now if you could get footnote separators
to appear in HEAD, or TR14 line breaking, or side floats...

J.Pietschmann

Re: Comments

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Peter B. West wrote:
>
>>  I recall, however, that it took me a year to gain that status, a year
>> during which I wrote a considerable amount of code which I maintained
>> in my ISP account.  My crime was that I did not toe the Party line.  I
>> hope those days are gone, and that, should a developer happen along
>> who contributes to alt.design, and expresses a desire to continue to
>> work on it, he or she will be granted committer status with the now
>> customary alacrity.
>

> Sorry, I don't see much value in using pull parsing instead of
> push parsing either. Now if you could get footnote separators
> to appear in HEAD, or TR14 line breaking, or side floats...

So we shall disagree.  That is not my point.  Is disagreement allowed?

Peter
--
Peter B. West  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/resume.html